Land Off Firs Road, Alderbury
10th March 2015
Longford Estates are proud to be social Landlords whereby of the Estates 200 residential properties only 38% are let on the open market with the balance being staff housing, retired employees or concessionary lets.
By its very nature however the Estates look at development opportunities to strengthen communities and in turn the fabric of the Estates. It is the intention to work with Parish Councils and residents to achieve appropriate sustainable development. The aim is to design schemes with architectural flair providing for the needs of the current and future communities as well as gaining the balance in terms of affordable housing.
The Firs Road Scheme in Alderbury demonstrates the Estates intention and promotes the following:
- Affordable housing as well as 2/3/4 and 5 bedroom family homes
- A Design led scheme using a palette of local materials
- Sensitive within the village scape
- Supports local amenities, clubs and facilities
- Restrict use of Junction Road – an unadopted highway
- Strengthen the community demographically
- Support the pre-school by the provision of a new purpose-built premises
- Support the local primary school by giving greater green space for play
- The opportunity for Alderbury Football Club to expand to a more appropriate site whereby the Estate is offering a thirty year lease to the Club on a peppercorn rent. The Club supports in excess of 500 members with a network throughout Wiltshire
- In addition Longford Estates have offered to support Alderbury Football Club by pledging £100,000 to this worthwhile sporting development